Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stutter Bug

I have made my first faltering steps into the world of real photography. I broke down this week and bought a high-end digital camera. It's a Nikon S90 and I'm pretty sure it's smarter than I am. In the past, I have always opted for the point-and-shoot type camera. It's hard to go too wrong when you're making no decisions of your own as far as shutter speed and ISO setting. I knew there would be a steep learning curve with this camera, but I wasn't prepared for the encyclopedia of info that accompanied my purchase. I spent a whole evening just getting through the Quick Start Guide. Someday I hope to get to the whole manual to figure out all the buttons and settings--I'll let you know if that ever really happens. . . .

I spent the afternoon shooting everything that moves (and some things that don't!). So how the heck do you convince that auto focus to focus on the flower and not on the bark chips below it? I'm sure there is a reason why my super-smart camera wanted to focus on the bark, I just wish I could get it to rethink that a little. Maybe I really should read that manual.

I'll upload my photos tomorrow and see if I have anything worth sharing. I'm just happy not to have to pay for processing for all those photos. I think the best thing about going digital is the delete button!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator