Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A What? A Weather Station...

In early December, someone asked me what I was giving The Mister for Christmas.  I answered her with,

A weather station.

I was met with a, "Huh?" and there was nothing I could say to redeem myself, except to tell her that The Mister actually did request it...  

This is The Mister's weather station.


And, yes, he did request this...

The Mister then proceeded to leave the box (unopened and fully intact) on the fireplace hearth for about a week.  This is the gift that he had been threatening to buy for himself for a couple of months.  The gift that I kept telling him he didn't need (because I had secretly already bought it!).  The gift that he couldn't wait to have...  And it sat on the hearth.  For a week or more...

I asked The Mister why he hadn't set up his new toy.  He told me that it was too cold to go out and set it up.  I countered by asking him how he knew it was too cold to go out if he didn't have it set up to tell him...  I just got the look...

Now that our very professional weather station is operational (not fully operational, as the rain gauge isn't atop our house), you'd think we would have a good handle on the weather.  The truth is, our station has been insisting that it's been raining for three days now.  To be clear, it has not been raining, it's been partly cloudy, with a few hit-and-miss flurries just this afternoon.

So, if you are wondering if you need to wear your parka, don't ask me.  I can tell you from which direction the wind is blowing.  I can tell you wind speed, wind chill, and the speed of wind gusts.  I can tell you temperature (indoor and out), humidity (indoor and out), and barometric pressure.  But don't ask me to give you the forecast, I'll have to suggest you take an umbrella--regardless of the cloud cover.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator