Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Dentist

I have an unreasonable, purely irrational, overwhelmingly unmanageable neurosis regarding  my teeth.  (I know, I need help...)  Anyway, for this reason (the neurosis--keep up!) I searched far and wide, making many errors in judgment, before finding the perfect dentist.  And no, "perfect" is not an exaggeration, at least not as far as I'm concerned.  In fact, not only is my dentist awesome, his whole staff is top-notch.  in fact, I've even consented to see his partner on occasion with outstanding results.  But the truth is, I love Dr. Larsen.   

I have a good friend who hates her dentist.  Of course, it's hard to like any dentist who drills holes in your head without using Novocaine!  But here's the rub.  She (my friend) requests to be treated without  any anesthetic...  (And you thought I was neurotic!)  Her reasoning is that this gives her bragging rights when talking to her all-brother siblings.  I'm sorry, but I don't need the "tough" title that bad... 

Recently, this same friend mentioned how much she disliked her dentist and asked if I liked mine.  I told her how gentle my dentist is.  How painless the treatments.  I mentioned how careful he is with my extremely sensitive teeth...  She asked where his office was located, and after my response she guffawed--right out loud!

She doesn't think it's necessary to drive from the Greater Salt Lake City Area to the nether regions of the fine state of Utah to find a good dentist.  But then what does she know?  She lets people drill into her head without numbing it first!

P.S.  In case anybody out there cares, the best dentist in Utah practices in HOLDEN!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator