Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Cooking

It must actually be autumn. My drive to work is growing less green by the day, and it is rapidly increasing in orange foliage. I actually pulled off to the side of the road last week to snap a quick picture. I couldn't believe the change from one day to the next!

It's been so mild and nice... I almost forgot that fall was on its way in. But it's sprinkling tonight, and the temperature is supposed to drop. However, the true telltale sign that summer is over is that I've started cooking again.

There is something about the cool weather that brings out the chef and baker in me. I think my family was shocked that we didn't have to order pizza or pick up burgers. I hope it was a pleasant change for them. I know I enjoyed the afternoon at home preparing our dinner!

I only hope I can keep it up!  I'd love to do more baking this year, now that I'm not fighting altitude.  I just found a recipe for pumpkin cinnamon rolls...  I think that's going to be my very next effort!  

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator