Thursday, December 9, 2010

I hear violins...

In September, or maybe it was October, The Buddies decided that they wanted to take violin lessons.  They had been taking piano and voice, but their teacher was on a maternity break.  I decided we'd give it a shot and see how it went.

We went through the process of renting violins...  (I'm not stupid--did you really think I'd buy three violins!?)  I was shocked to find out that my three little guys--born 120 seconds apart--are so different in size that we required three different sized violins.  Actually--I was almost as shocked just to realize that violins came in that many sizes...  Ok--so I'm musically uninformed...  But there you have it--we've become a violin-toting, music book schlepping, early-class attending group of violinists...

Let's just say that getting three little boys out the door for school an hour earlier, twice a week, has not been fun.  Add to that the fact that we're (still) living across town from our school...  I'll just be honest and tell you that most days (ok--all days) I drive across town in my pajamas...  Scary thought!  Don't ponder that too long!

But tonight was the big payoff.  The concert.  The holiday recital.  I'd heard them practicing...  A moderately painful, albeit infrequent, occurrence...  But tonight they sounded amazing.  Granted, there were some more experienced violinists in the group, and maybe they overpowered The Buddies, but they sounded awesome!

The only thing that could have made it better?  If we'd actually been able to see The Buddies while they played...  At least more of them than just the legs and feet that peeked out from the bottom of the black music stands!

1 comments:

Noor said...

I love violins and I even own one :)

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator