Saturday, December 4, 2010

Perspective

I've recently been witness to a painful lesson in how differently two people can perceive the same situation.

In our business-savvy world, we do all we can to eliminate unnecessary misunderstandings.  We define time lines, terms of payment, responsibilities, and expectations...  And still, there is always room for misinterpretation.
It's frustrating to look at a scenario and see one thing, while knowing that another party is interpreting the same information in an entirely different way.  And being the opinionated person that I am, I feel completely driven to convince the opposing side of my correctness.  Never mind that at the same time, those same people are trying to convince me to accept their (erroneous) point of view.

I pride myself on being a fairly reasonable person (disputed by some of my son's friends, I'm sure).  And I like to think that I am logical as well.  Is my sensible mind-set an anomaly?  Why don't more people agree with me?  It would save us both some time and annoyance.  Maybe some people just enjoy a good argument...  What they don't know is that I am really skilled in the art of the argument.  And, of course, I have the benefit of being right.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator