Saturday, March 6, 2010

Proof Reading

I don't claim to always submit flawless posts to my blog.  I've been known to make an error or two, a typo here, poor grammar there...  Odd use of punctuation  :)   Beginning sentences with words like And or But...  The difference being, I don't get paid big bucks to proofread and edit these blog posts (or really anything else).

Last night, in a near-sleep state, I was still coherent enough to catch this interesting oversight.  The ad was promoting a law firm.  The firm was suing on behalf of individuals who had suffered serious side effects from a certain drug.  The ad urged people to call if they met a certain criteria.  The entreaty requested that you call if:

...you or a loved one has suffered from serious effects including stroke, heart attack, suicide, or even death.

I would think that it would be difficult to call and schedule an appointment if you had personally suffered suicide or death.  And to be honest, I'm not sure that heaven even broadcasts that channel.  I like TV as much as the rest of the world, but even I have to think that heaven would have sit-coms without the interruption of commercials.  So what is the likelihood that you'd even see the commercial if you had suffered in that way? 

Just asking...

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator