Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Temporary Tragedy

Have you ever noticed that tragedy strikes when you least expect it?  I had one of those heart-stopping moments just this evening.  I was plucking along, making improvements to my life, my blog, my online presence...  And the unthinkable happened.

Now, not to get all shallow on you again, but tonight I made a serious mistake while updating my blog.  I accidentally deleted the whole template.  I mean the whole template.  That includes formatting, photos, links, you name it...  I just sat here and stared at the computer screen...  I didn't utter a four-letter word, because there were no words to adequately describe how I felt.  I have to be honest, I was a little sick to my stomach.  Does that make me spectacularly shallow, or what?

Anyway, as dumb luck would have it.  I actually did find a backup of my original template.  Of course, I didn't find it until after I tried (unsuccessfully) to replace it with myriad other templates.  So, for those of you who logged in earlier today (mom?), I hope you weren't caused any lasting distress by the unreadable and generally disjointed content of my blog.  I know how you look forward to my blogging (lol) and I assure you that I'll be more careful in all future attempts to beautify my blog.

I know we will all rest a little easier knowing that I've learned my lesson: Always backup your incredibly important files. 

Thank you for your support.  :)

1 comments:

honeypiehorse said...

It looks pretty restored now

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator