Friday, February 13, 2009

Weather or Not

Life is a little like the weather. It can, at times, be remarkably unpredictable. One moment you're in the middle of a blustery storm that you're not sure you can endure. Mere moments later, you can be disoriented by an improbable calm...

Today there is a lull in the onslaught of accumulating snow. The drifted snow glitters like diamond dust as sunbeams scatter across the surface. It is a beautiful day, despite the twenty-something degree temperature. We are anticipating another big storm for tomorrow, but for today, the sun still shines.

I was lamenting my life of Groundhog Days not too long ago. But today, I am enjoying a reprieve from the astonishing monotony of my life. The Buddies are off to the cabin with Meema and Papa, and the Mister and I are responsible only for ourselves and the two older kids for the next 24 hours. It's amazing--the sense of freedom that evokes!

The Mister just suggested an evening out... What was that? An evening of adult conversation? A promise of amazing food that I didn't have to cook? Food that is served by a waiter and arrives without paper wrappings and/or a side of ketchup? Oh, the anticipation! Without the three little ones (and the accompanying headache of procuring a babysitter) it would be simple to arrange an evening out. "Yes," I said. And I can't believe that we are unencumbered enough of any responsibilities that we can actually go!

So, Goodbye, Groundhog Day! Today I'll celebrate a different holiday!

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, sounds perfect! Have fun.

R Allen said...

You can't have a fancy dinner and not have ketchup on the side! Come on...

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator