Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More than Words

I hear the language. The perfected delivery. The cultured voice. Each phrase is measured and controlled. The words create one more facet of a flawless package. But I have to wonder. What hides beneath the glossy exterior?

Give me raw. I want to feel something. I want to see the flaws, the truth, the ugliness. I long for the uncontrolled tumble of jagged, emotion-filled words. Look me in the eye, with damp cheeks, and hand on heart. That makes me believe.

It's not that I can't appreciate a commanding presence. It's not that I don't respond to a dignified stance. I know the value of effective authority. But I want those attributes to be tempered with genuine warmth and compassion. With human emotion. With something I can feel. I don't want arrogant rhetoric. I want thoughtful and intelligent and heartfelt. Is that too much to ask?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator