Monday, November 3, 2008

Am I in Kindergarten?

Yesterday was supposed to be my perfect fall afternoon. Unfortunately, it was interrupted by assorted kindergarten homework assignments. I am pretty sure that I attended and completed kindergarten at one time in my life. Yes, it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure that the lessons I learned are still active credits on my lifetime-of-learning report card. What I would like to know is why on earth my buddies' teachers send home assignments for me to complete. Do they think I need a refresher course???

I understand teachers wanting to involve the parents in what their kids are learning. Thank you. I certainly do appreciate being kept in the loop. But please!!! Don't send home assignments that you know I will have to either do myself or be so involved in that I may as well just do them myself. What some teachers don't take into consideration is that I have three kindergarteners! When you send home a poster project, I have to do three of them. When you send home a "decorate the turkey" assignment I have to do three of them. When you send home a holiday activity, I have to do three of them... Do you see a pattern here???

Instead of baking some tasty treats, I spent last night decorating turkeys. We made a spy turkey, a football player turkey, and a snowman turkey. And no, it was not fun! I did not enjoy it. And I hope to get a free pass from similar assignments in the future. So teachers, please, send home books to read, spelling words to practice, math sheets to complete, but I beg you, no more creative, family-fun assignments. Thank you!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator