Monday, November 17, 2008

Now Accepting TP Donations


No, we are not in the grips of a bout with diarrhea (that was last week). The TP is requested for battling those pesky, and all-too-premature, Christmas Holiday decorators. You know who you are (don't you Sue?).

I know, I know... I'm a little obsessive about acceptable Christmas decorating protocol. As previously mentioned, I just can't help but feel off kilter when the December holidays encroach upon my Turkey Day. While I love Christmas as much as the next person, I want to enjoy my turkey amongst the glorious colors of the fall harvest.

My vision of fall loveliness is hindered by the boughs of pine swagged across the front porch of the house across the street. Flashing lights and singing Santas somehow detract from that feeling of gratitude for all we are blessed to enjoy. So please, I'm begging you, unplug the lights. Put away the inflatable reindeer. Enough with the carols and snow machines. And about the elf named Fruitcake.... really, he never needs to be seen again.

PS. Sue's house looks really lovely. Really! But I refuse to enjoy it until after the Thanksgiving dishes are done! And no, she is not responsible for the inflatables.

1 comments:

Olivia said...

I agree. I love other people's Christmas lights, but let's be just a little patient! The Christmas season is long enough as it is!

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator