Friday, November 21, 2008

I know Your Name!


If you're a mom of more than one child, I'm sure that you've called at least one of your kids by the wrong name (you can admit it, it's ok!). I do it all the time, in fact, sometimes I throw in my husband's name or my brother's name for good measure. You know, just to keep everyone on their toes. Of course, if you go so far as to call you husband by your Xs name, that may be crossing the line just a little bit. But that's another topic.

Anyway... One of the Buddies has a definite attitude when it comes to his identity. From the back of the car I will hear, "Mom, it's me, JJ, will you turn on the music?" I will tell him that yes, he can have the music on and that I know who he is.

Minutes later, "Mom, can I, JJ, roll down the window?" Again, I know who you are! You really don't need to label yourself.

At home, "Mom, will you put my initial, J, on this toy?" OK Buddy, I know what your initial is, I'm the one who gave it to you, remember???

It's homework time and I yell, "Ma-Zee-Mi-I mean-JJ!!! Come get your homework done!" See? I do know his name!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator