Saturday, November 1, 2008

November Dailies


Disclaimer: I am going to post daily for the month of November. If you are looking for exciting and entertaining posts, I might be pushing it this month. Read at your own risk.

Last night was Halloween. I like Halloween traditions: trick-or-treating, costumes, baking with pumpkin, getting a sugar high... What I don't like are houses decorated with Christmas lights--even if they are orange and purple lights. And I especially don't think people should decorate their houses with twinkling white lights for Halloween, there's no excuse for that!

Last night The Eldest and I drove past two houses that were decorated with Christmas lights. There was not even an attempt to use orange or purple holiday lights, these were full-on Christmas lights. Who are these people??? Do they own calendars? Do they know how offensive it is to have to look at Christmas lights for that many months? Are these the same people who keep their Christmas lights on until February???

Honestly, I love Christmas lights. I love the twinkle as they glow through the falling snow. I love how they outline the eaves that are weighted with thick blankets of clean white flakiness. But part of what makes them so special is that they are so fleeting. I have a firm belief that the Christmas season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, and it ends just in time for New Year's Day. People, please! One holiday at a time!!!

So, for those of you who are lighting your houses for all the world to see, you've been warned. I, for one, do not appreciate it. And if you should find your yard adorned with toilet paper one of these mornings, you'll just have to realize that if you can celebrate ahead of schedule, I can celebrate in a belated manner. That being said, I am giving myself permission to continue Halloween pranks until Thanksgiving. Watch out you early revelers!




1 comments:

Olivia said...

I love it! And I couldn't agree more. Plus I love that you are posting every day in November. I might try that as well. It's a great exercise.

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator