Monday, May 4, 2009

It's not always about the shoes...

I tried on some snazzy shoes today. I wore 'em around for a couple of hours... I played, I danced, I jumped up and down... Then I returned them. Oh, did I forget to mention that they were rented, bowling shoes?


The Boy is finishing up some independent study courses before graduation. While I'm happy to support this worthy endeavor, I didn't realize that it would include $72.00 in bowling charges!

Apparently, The Boy has signed up for bowling as an elective. He needs to turn in score cards showing that he has been working to improve his game. So, we packed up the family for FHE (Family Home Evening) and headed down to Jack and Jill Lanes.

Our bowling styles were as varied as our sizes... Grandpa was the best bowler--he outscored all of us without much effort. Grandma was the designated cheerleader--YAY! The Mister was his typical, efficient self... I was Queen of the Gutter, didn't matter which one, I used them both. The Boy had difficulty finding the lane with his long hair covering his face, but scored acceptably anyway. The Friend was equally acquainted with strikes and gutter balls. HRH has a very dainty style, which seems to be more suited to Wii bowling. Max likes the ramp. JJ is fond of the bumpers. Zeke slides down the lane, handily attached to the ball.

And at the end of the evening, the consensus was that the evening was fun, and that my shoes were uglier than the rented bowling shoes. I disagree. I have very cool shoes--wanna see?They were wrong--right? These are cool shoes! Well, that's what I believe, and I'm sticking with it! As for the bowling? We'll be back for a second go at it. Any suggestions for which bowling alley has the best shoes?

2 comments:

honeypiehorse said...

I think they're cool. And I love seeing my own quotes out of context in the blog margin!

bebe said...

Yeah. "Naked" comments are especially fun to see out of context!

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator