Friday, May 8, 2009

Cardiac Man

I am surrounded by interesting characters. Not only in my own home, but in the neighborhood, and on the hill. You may recall my post about Chubby Biker. By way of an update, Chubby Biker is making some serious progress! I noticed that she has shed the parka, and I think she has shed a few pounds besides! I'm proud of Chubby Biker. I have no idea who she is, but I feel a sense of gratification when I see her peddling up the hill. It reminds me that anyone can set a goal and progress toward it. Impending success is just waiting for anyone willing to work.

Now, Cardiac Man is another story. He runs daily... And he doesn't just run in the morning, I see him running all day long... I'm not sure if he does a breakfast run, takes a nap, then resumes his exercise regime in the afternoon... Or maybe it just takes him that long to get his mileage in... Regardless, rather than wanting to cheer him on, I want to go rescue him!

Like Chubby Biker, I don't really know who Cardiac Man is... But I have my own story that gets embellished a little each day. I think he was a Marine--I'm sure he must have had an illustrious military career and that is where the importance of physical fitness was instilled in him. The problem is, he still thinks he's that trim soldier with the buzz cut. I think he's deluded himself into thinking that our hill is the hill. Will he ever take it? I don't know. But I'm seriously worried that his body will call it quits before he makes it to the ridge. Don't tell Cardiac Man that I don't think he's capable... I certainly don't want to be responsible for crushing him, but will someone please check the side of the road each day while I'm gone? And if he is breathing too hard, for heavens sake, offer him a ride! I'm gonna worry about poor Cardiac Man...

Actually, the sad truth is that Cardiac Man may actually outlive me if I don't get moving soon!

1 comments:

honeypiehorse said...

Hurray chubby biker! A success story for us all.

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator