Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Captain Trims the Tree


Do you think Captain Crunch cereal (with crunch berries, of course!) is appropriate Christmas tree ornamentation? Because if you do, that's one thing you and The Buddies have in common.

The tree has been waiting patiently in the corner for the moment when the Christmas Spirit would assault me and propel me into action. (It has yet to happen.) So the tree stands at attention, patient and stoic, lit, but bare, humiliated--I'm sure.

The Buddies took pity on me (and the tree) and decided they would dress the tree for the season. They emptied their kindergarten backpacks and bestowed upon the tree all their holiday art projects. I was OK with that--Santas, snowflakes, what's not to like? But when I took a closer look, I saw the cereal bits and berries nestled into the branches.

While I understand that crunch berries are the perfect, festive color, I really have to insist that they are not appropriate. At least not in this house. While the kitties are doing a fabulous job of keep our house a mouse-free zone, we certainly don't need to encourage a relapse.

2 comments:

Christensen Family said...

Upstairs in the corner of the loft is a two foot tree with rainbow lights. And it belongs to the girls. That is the tree where anything goes...cap'n crunch included!

dabesteni said...

Ahahahaha. Roflol. Thanks for sharing, B.

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator