Thursday, December 4, 2008

Stephenie Meyer

So, I'm still taking flack about my post on the Twilight movie. After watching the movie (and being disappointed), I decided to reread the series. I didn't want to remember Twilight as the movie--I wanted to keep the story in my head in all it's awesome-ness! As I've mentioned before, I NEVER reread books. Even my most favorite stories. But because the movie was so off from how I visualized the story and characters, I decided to give it another go.

I am happy to report that I really enjoyed the books this time, too. I feel like the story was more complete and the characters were better developed and (at least to me) the characters now look right again. In fact, I've been surprised at how much I enjoyed the second book. Originally, New Moon was one of my least favorite books. This time, I really liked it. I guess it was because I was reading it from a different perspective this time--already knowing the outcome and where it was leading.

Anyway-- just in case you're wondering, I am still a Stephenie Meyer fan. But I doubt I'll get too excited if the other books are made into movies.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator