Monday, December 22, 2008

The Storm

At the onset, a frenzy of chaotic motion assails me. I watch the movement as it drifts and flows from one direction to another--swirling and ebbing without order. I am timid about entering the storm, but I have a destination.

I feel as though I am swept along the way. I follow the others who seemingly share my destination. I attempt to slow my pace, yet I cannot extract myself before being swept beyond my goal. My minimally restrained travel continues to push me along. I find myself skidding with little chance of regaining control. I desperately hope to avoid a mishap as I struggle to maintain my course.

Suddenly, everything becomes sluggish and slow. It has become a waiting game. I inch along in the stop-and-go, waiting for the next cashier...

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Love it! The end made me laugh and I enjoyed the surprise!

Diane said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I love yours. Isn't Christmas shopping fun?

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator