Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cold Capture

I awoke this morning to the beginnings of a bitter cold day. The road was drifted over, and I was just hoping I wouldn't have need to wrestle with the snow blower. The temperature hovered near 11* F and I was certain that nothing could convince me to leave the house.

Luckily, my friend Olivia had other plans. Our little neighborhood park has become a beautiful site of crystallized trees and shrouded shapes. Olivia decided to take some photos and she invited me to join her.

I tried to look like I knew something (anything) about photography. I'm sure her photos will be much better than mine. But I did have a great time. Yes, it was cold (really, really cold!) but I think I have some beautiful photos to share! This one is straight out of the camera. I didn't crop it or enhance it in any way.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!

The Strosser Family said...

I had the exact same idea!! I just wouldn't ever do it! I really can't remember seeing the snow cover the trees like that, it is so breathtaking! I am excited to see Olivias pictures too!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful - 5 kids???

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator