Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Details of Happiness

Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference. It's the fluffy indulgence of a cashmere sweater. The sparkly buttons on an otherwise plain shirt. The perfect fit of a pair of timeworn jeans.

The Mister and I were just discussing the little details that might enhance our lives with more happiness. More money? More home cooked meals? More time together? More order in the house?

I think it's time to reevaluate the importance we've been placing on certain things. I'm going to make some changes which will probably include fewer shiny baubles, and more quiet moments. That's not to say that I'm giving up all things pretty. But sometimes a happy afternoon playing games and reading books with The Buddies is just as appealing.

There is something so desirable about tranquility in the home. Maybe that's what I've been missing recently. I've felt out-of-sorts for a while. I think taking some time to contemplate and consider my blessings will be of benefit.

Our house seems so full of busy energy and chaotic activity. Some of it is unavoidable with the goings-on of a lively family, but I think there is room to incorporate more serenity. There is nothing more enticing than a calm home that is filled with the love of a family. I want my home to be graced with the sweetness of tender moments. I want the sparkle of enthusiasm, without the volume of mayhem. I look forward to sharing in triumphant ebullience, and to salving the bitter disappointments. I want a home that is a haven from the frustrations of the world.

So, the next time you visit, please try to overlook the toys on the floor. Pretend you don't notice the pile of unfolded laundry. Instead, I hope you find yourself enjoying the loving details of our family.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great post. Isn't it nice to step back and reevaluate your life from time to time?

Anonymous said...

beautiful.
i love it!

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator