Thursday, January 29, 2009

Insanity in the Morning

Morning is not my thing. It's cold, it's dark, it's early... In fact, I've only been able to identify one redeeming quality of morning. It would seem that carbs are completely acceptable for consumption at breakfast time. And breakfast usually occurs in the morning... Actually, I think it's a horrific misfortune, because I really like breakfast food--waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, cold cereal, toast, cinnamon buns, ebelskiver... And I'm sure they'd be even more enjoyable later in the day.

Anyway--The Mister has been out of town (again). He knows how I feel about the less attractive hours of the day. Anything before 9AM is unlikely to be enjoyable for me (and will subsequently be unappealing for anyone else!). So, in an effort to encourage me to get everyone off to school on time, The Mister calls me in the morning to see that I actually get up and going. I should thank him, but I won't, because I don't like mornings...

A few days ago I got mad at Mister. His early call awoke the sleeping Buddy who had crawled into my bed after a bad dream. To save himself my grumpiness, The Mister decided to text me yesterday instead. The text came in just after 6AM and simply said, "You awake?" I texted back, "Unfortunately."

Because yesterday's texting saved The Mister the joy of my morning 'tude, he repeated the message today. "You awake?" I texted back, "Unfortunately." He responded with, "That was the same response I got yesterday." I replied. "Do you know the definition of crazy?"

Actually, I was referring to Albert Einstein's definition of insanity:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Mister, I don't like morning. I'll get up, but I won't like it... Ever. '
nough said.

3 comments:

R Allen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your template/background! I very nearly chose it for my blog!

TravelByTurtle said...

As I know you are intelligent and able to learn (albeit your stubborn infatuation with anything 'Utes), think on the following;
“Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.”
and,
The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day.

What the Mister MEANT to send you (were it not for his limited texting skills) was;

"Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.”

Please forgive his brevity and enjoy the carbs!

bebe said...

Seriously, you take the (pan)cake! I can always count on you for amusing commentary. BTW--when are you coming for dinner?

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator