Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Comments from a Previously Frustrated Baker

I love to bake, or more accurately, I used to love baking.  Lately, all my efforts at baked goods have fallen flat (quite literally).  My muffins spread out across the top of the muffin tin.  The cupcakes are only pretty with mounds of frosting to hide their inadequate volume.  Cakes are sunken.  It's a depressing predicament.


In frustration, I tried a little experiment yesterday.  I modified my favorite banana bread recipe with suggestions from a book on baking at high altitude.   Success!  The bread batter had a beautiful rise and it didn't cave in at the last possible moment.

I quickly followed up on that success with a loaf of pumpkin bread.  It looked pretty, I'll have to check with the new neighbors to see if it tasted good!

I'm now scouring the web for high altitude recipes.  If you know of any, please share!  And fair warning,  if you live in my neighborhood, look out!  I've missed my parchment paper and loaf pans.  I may not be able to stop myself, and you might all be inundated with baked goods!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator