Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nothing like a white Christmas

It's snowing out there, and it's been snowing and blowing all day.  This is how I think Christmas should be.

I remember being about 5 and having a huge snowstorm right before Christmas.  One of the neighbors came over to help us dig a tunnel through the drifts and piles of shoveled snow.  We built a snow tunnel from the front porch to the sidewalk.


Was there really more snow back then?  Or was I just shorter...?  I like to think there was more snow (no commentary about global warming, please).  And I think that this Christmas could be the one to bring that kind of snowy fun for my kids.  We have the start of a snow fort in the backyard.  I know the boys are gearing up for a snowball fight.  I'm not exactly looking forward to those snow-packed projectiles whizzing past my head, but I do look forward to helping them warm up afterward with hot chocolate and fresh cookies.

I (not so) secretly crave those snowy days that keep everyone at home.  I don't dread being snowed in.  In fact, I would like nothing better.

So all I have to say is this...  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Those Crazy Beans
Wordpress by WP Themes Creator